Rejuvenation of the Face and Body Comes in Many Forms
Non-Surgical Cosmetic Treatments
Would you like a smoother complexion? Do you want to hydrate your skin? Has the radiant glow of youth seemed to escape you? At the practice of Thomas F. Mitts, M.D., Inc., the plastic surgeon offers non-invasive beautifying options, in addition to facial cosmetic surgery and body contouring. One of his main goals is to restore elasticity of the skin, a goal he has further advanced for his patients through patented research.
Dr. Mitts offers an array ofnon-surgical cosmetic treatments, which are soaring in popularity, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. We encourage you to review these widely-sought forms of beauty treatment, which are listed below:
- BOTOX® Cosmetic: The diluted form of Botulinum Toxin type A safely works to relax muscles, thus eliminating relatively new wrinkles and lines. Our doctor will inject the toxin into the desired areas, and you will notice your results soon after. The effects last for about three months.
- Dermal Fillers: This group of injectables includes JUVÉDERM™, Restylane®, Radiesse®, and Perlane®. Dr. Mitts recommends soft tissue dermal fillers to reduce deep wrinkles and lines, as well as to restore volume in certain parts of the face.
- Fat Transfer Injections: Fat is injected or grafted into areas of the face or body for the purpose of volume enhancement; fat transfer injections are typically used on the hands, lips, and depressions in the skin that have been affected by scarring or liposuction.
- Lip Augmentation: This option serves to plump up the lips and reduce finelines. The fuller effect is achieved by either injecting or implanting your own fat in the lips.
- Laser Hair Removal: Unwanted hair can be gently removed with this method. Laser hair removal also serves to reduce the growth of hair. The procedure involves little discomfort and no downtime. So say good-bye to waxing, shaving, bleaching, and electrolysis!
- Sclerotherapy: This procedure targets spider veins, which are purple or red in color and cause embarrassment when apparent on the legs and face. Dr. Mitts will inject a sclerosing agent or saline solution into the vein, ultimately causing the vessels to scar and become less noticeable.
- Laser Skin Resurfacing: This treatment method enhances the skin’s texture and complexion by reducing any imperfections on the surface level of the skin. A laser removes skin cells layer by layer until smoother skin is revealed!
Other Skin Treatments
- Chemical Peel: A chemical peel delivers immediate results for skin that is blemished, wrinkled, or unevenly toned. An acid solution is applied to remove the damaged outer layers of the facial skin and reveal a fresh, healthy layer of skin cells.
- Microdermabrasion: A spray of microcrystals is used to remove the outer layer of damaged skin cells so your healthier complexion can glow. The treatment also stimulates the production of new underlying skin cells and higher levels of collagen and elastin.
- Micropigmentation: Also known as “permanent makeup,” the micropigmentation technique implants pigment granules below the epidermis. It is used to enhance facial features such as lashes, lips, and eyebrows, or improve uneven pigmentation and scarring.
If you would like to pursue a non-surgical cosmetic treatment at our practice, please contact our helpful staff. We will promptly schedule your consultation with Dr. Mitts and address any of your questions, so your rejuvenation can begin!